- 4 eggs
- 100g hazelnut powder (or almond powder)
- 120g all-purpose flour
- 50g buckwheat flour
- 4g baking powder
- 50g applesauce
- 3 large pears or 4 small pears
- 2 bars of dark baking chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180°C for a conventional oven or 170°C for a convection oven. Grease a cake pan and set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients: hazelnut powder, all-purpose flour, buckwheat flour, and baking powder.
- Add the eggs, applesauce, and hazelnut oil to the dry ingredients. Mix everything together until well combined.
- Chop the dark baking chocolate and coarsely chop the hazelnuts. Add them to the dry mixture and mix well.
- Pour half of the batter into the greased cake pan.
- Cube one of the pears and spread the cubes evenly over the batter in the pan.
- Add the remaining batter on top, covering the pear cubes.
- Decorate the cake with pear slices, extra hazelnuts, and chocolate shavings.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 25 minutes (depending on your oven).
- To check if it's done, insert a knife into the center; if it comes out clean, the cake is ready.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes before transferring it onto a cooling rack.
For the most gourmet food lovers, you can add a small handful of praline to the dry mixture, or sprinkle it on top of the cake before baking. This cake contains no butter, oil, or refined sugars. If you want it to be even more moist, you can add 5cl of toasted hazelnut oil.